THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF THIS BLOG IS TO SHARE WITH THE READER ISSUES OF HISTORICAL AND CONTEMPORARY GLOBAL SIGNIFICANCE FROM A PROGRESSIVE PERSPECTIVE.
ORDER OF MOST READERS OF THIS BLOG: USA, RUSSIA, UNITED KINGDOM, FRANCE, GERMANY, UKRAINE,CANADA, INDIA,and CHINA.
Monday, 6 December 2010
CULTURE & FAST-FOOD DISPOSABLE ANALYSIS
1. Brevity can be a virtue and indicative of wisdom if analysis is confined to the substantive art of 'cowing' (cows produce milk), not vacuous 'bull-s-ing' (bulls can be sterile).
2. Technology and hard sciences lend themselves to brevity; social sciences & humanities generally speaking do not.
3. Science and technology models are in tune with market economy, politics, & military, all predisposed to bottom-line catch-phrases - conquer markets, win votes, defeat the enemy.
4. Enlightenment era thinkers implored people to think for themselves, whereas contemporary culture teaches people to have everything handed to them on a fast-food disposable platter. This is best suited for military, corporate world and governments.
5. Contemporary fast-food, disposal-products culture is conditioned by marketing ideology shaped by TV-WEB-VIDEOS.
6. Within the fast-food, disposal culture, Cliff Notes, 'Idiots & Dummies guides to...', reflect: A) one-dimensional (memorizing) aspect of scholarship & B) proclivity to synopsis characteristic of TV-WEB-VIDEO mindset.
7. Short attention span is the product of education as commercial sports & entertainment, fast-food, disposal products culture shaped by virtual reality TV-WEB-VIDEO way of life.
8. Scholarly book and journal publishers set word-count limits to limit costs, whereas commercial books and magazines set word count limits to maximize profit and because they have conditioned the audience to respond to nothing beyond the catchy headlines.